Living Free Small Groups
Living Free sign up begins December 7 through 28 after 1st, 2nd and 3rd services in the Atrium. Classes will begin Tuesday January 6th.
Tired? Worried? Stressed? Empty?
Studying and sharing God's Word in a caring small group. A rewarding journey of discovery, renewal and freedom.
Free to Grow
11-week introductory course to Living Free. Begins week of January 6. Cost of book $10.
Required 9-week course for those interested in facilitating. Begins Wednesday, January 8, 7:00 pm.
Stepping into Freedom
13-week course using 12-step model for overcoming life’s challenges. Begins Tuesday, January 7, 7:00 pm. Cost of book $10. (Due to pre-registration, limited space remaining)
Godly Heroes: A Study of Hebrews 11
13-week course. Begins Sabbath, December 7, 10:00 a.m. Cost of book $10. (Due to pre-registration, limited space remaining).
As a ministry Collegedale Community Church, our mission is to provide a safe haven where all are encouraged to grow in relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and with family, friends and others. Through Living Free, the congregation and the community are invited to come together in small groups to share, pray, and study God's Word as they encourage and support each other on life's journey.
God's will is that each of us live the abundant life - but too often the stresses and challenges in life prevent us from living out His plan for us Worry, depression, pride, anger, addictive behaviors, or unhealthy relationships block our spiritual growth.
Some of us may not be struggling with specific challenges, but we are not experiencing spiritual growth either. Our churches and communities are filled with hurting and unfulfilled people looking for answers. Some want help but don't know how. Others need their help, but where do they go? Living Free is a safe, caring place where we can find hope and answers based upon God's Word. When the Word of God, the Spirit of God, and the people of God come together, powerful changes take place.
WORD of God
SPIRIT of God
PEOPLE of God
What happens at each group meeting?
Each session convenes for 75 minutes as follows:
- Bible study and application to our lives
- Discussion and sharing of experience, strength, and hope
When do the groups meet?
The meeting times are determined by group members. Classes are offered continuously, with new groups starting in January, April, July, and October. Additional groups are scheduled throughout the year based on need.
What is the cost?
The only cost is the workbook, which ranges from $9-$12, depending on the topic.
How do I begin?
The first step is to register. Group size limited to 8-10.
Where do I begin?
Typically everyone begins with the 11-week introductory class, Free to Grow, after which other classes may be selected. Free to Grow helps us to overcome daily challenges including disappointments and setbacks that impede our spiritual growth. We learn to be set free so that we can grow and become all that God has designed us to be.
- Insight - Based upon 2 Peter 1, we study each step in the path of Christian character development. The class helps us to assess where we are in our relationship with the Lord and with others in our lives. (9 weeks)
- Free to grow - This class helps us to overcome daily challenges including disappointments and setbacks that impede our spiritual growth. We learn to be set free so that we can grow and become all that God has designed us to be. (10-12 weeks)
- R1 Committed Couples
- R2 Godly Parenting
- R3 Growing through Divorce
- R4 Peacemaking
- R5Restoring Families
- R6 The Single Christian
- E1 Anger: Our Master or Our Servant
- E2 Facing Fear, Finding Faith
- E3 Handling Loss and Grief
- M1 Caregiving: Caring for Loved Ones
- M2 Save One: Emotional Healing after Abortion
- F1 Authentic Living in an Artificial World
- F2 Completely Free (Romans 1-8, 11)
- F3 Godly Heroes (Hebrews 11)
- F4 Knowing God
- F5 Passionate Pursuit of God
- F6 Search for Significance (Self-worth in Christ)
- F7 Ten Commandments